Why a support group?
- Support Groups are places to listen, ask questions, and share thoughts confidentially.
- Our goal is to help men and their loved ones learn more about how to cope with living after a cancer diagnosis. We strive to provide a forum to learn about treatment and post-treatment options through presentations by medical professionals, written materials, and most importantly, discussion with other men who are having or have had similar experiences. (Many groups welcome partners as well.)
- Gaining and sharing knowledge helps everyone cope and achieve better outcomes. All meetings are free to all participants.
Who are we?
- Newly-diagnosed / pre-primary treatment (lots of questions)
- Post-treatment / some side effects (some experience, still learning)
- Post-treatment / post-side effects (lots of experience, helping others, still learning)
Where are the Support Groups?
Prostate Cancer Support Groups may be found in the following locations. Please use the links below for more information about the location.
- Augusta - Kennebec County
- Damariscotta (currently not meeting)
- Island Falls
- South Portland
- Advanced Prostate Cancer Hormone Therapy Group
Still need support?
If you would like to participate in a prostate cancer support group and none exists where you are, please contact your local hospital, the Oncology Department would be a starting place.